Nice to meet you virtually!
Helsinki has grown to be an international city in the recent years. I find it very important that our inhabitants and visitors, of all origins, thrive here. My aim is to promote openness, tolerance and empathy in our society. I have lived abroad for 10 years so I can relate to how it feels to be a foreigner.
I was elected to the Helsinki city council in the municipal elections in spring 2017 representing the National Coalition party. I consider myself liberal and I joined this party because I value their economic, foreign and security policies and entrepreneurial mindset.
The core of my election campaign was making Helsinki the best capital in the world. The key themes are functional day-to-day life, sustainable development and healthy economy. I would also like to have more services available in English in Helsinki.
Please get in touch via e-mail, phone or social media if you have any questions or if you would like to join my team.
Short biography of Jenni Pajunen
- Born in 1980 in Helsinki, Finland.
-Member of the Helsinki city council from 2017. Member of the economic development sub-committee, deputy chairwoman of the culture sub-committee and deputy member of the city board.
- Working in the field of health technology and education, as a CEO of an export education company
- Lived 10 years abroad in France, Belgium, Chile, Barbados, Angola and the United States. Worked in international development and election observation at the World Bank and the European Union between 2002-2013
- MSc in Economics and Business Administration from Aalto University and MA in European Political and Administrative studies from the College of Europe, Bruges, Belgium
- Speaks Finnish, English, French, Spanish, Portuguese and basic Swedish
- Third generation city council member in my family
- Lives with her husband in the centre of Helsinki
- Hobbies include the gym and yoga, reading, traveling and enjoying various cultural events