Nice to meet you virtually!
Helsinki has grown to be an international city in the recent years. I find it very important that our inhabitants and visitors, of all origins, thrive here. My aim is to promote openness, tolerance and empathy in our society. I have lived abroad for 10 years so I can relate to how it feels to be a foreigner.
I was elected to the Helsinki City Council in the municipal elections in spring 2017 representing the National Coalition party. I consider myself liberal and I joined this party because I value its economic, foreign and security policies and entrepreneurial mindset.
I am in politics because I want to make the world a better place. My agenda derives from my experience at the World Bank working as an advisor to governments and local authorities around the world. I want to focus on solving the great challenges of our time, inequality and climate change. My goals also include attracting talent to Finland and having more services available in English.
Please get in touch via e-mail, phone or social media if you have any questions or if you would like to join my team.
Short biography of Jenni Pajunen
– Born in 1980 in Helsinki, Finland.
– Member of the Helsinki City Council from 2017. Member of the economic
development sub-committee, deputy chairwoman of the culture sub-committee and deputy member of the city board
– Currently on maternity leave. From 2014 to 2018 worked in the field of health technology and education, as a CEO of an education export company.
– Lived 10 years abroad in France, Belgium, Chile, Barbados, Angola and the United States. Worked in international development and election observation at the World Bank and the European Union between 2002-2013
– Master of Science in Economics and Business Administration from Aalto University (2004) and Master of Arts in European Political and Administrative studies from the College of Europe, Bruges, Belgium (2006)
– Speaks Finnish, English, French, Spanish, Portuguese and basic Swedish
– Lives with her husband and daughter in the center of Helsinki
– Hobbies include gym and yoga, reading, traveling and enjoying various cultural events