Nice to meet you virtually!
Helsinki has grown to be an international city in the recent years. I find it very important that our inhabitants and visitors, of all origins, thrive here. My aim is to promote openness, tolerance and empathy in our society. I have lived abroad for 10 years in Angola, Washington DC and Barbados so I can relate to how it feels to be a foreigner.
I was elected to the Helsinki City Council in the municipal elections in spring 2017 representing the National Coalition party. I consider myself liberal and I joined this party because I value its economic, foreign and security policies and entrepreneurial mindset.
I am in politics because I want to make the world a better place. My agenda derives from my experience at the World Bank. My goals include promoting entrepreneurship, attracting talent to Finland and having more services like basic education study places available in English. Globally, I want to help to solve the great challenges of our time: climate change and inequality. Locally, I want to make Helsinki the most functional city in the world – for real.
Please get in touch via e-mail, phone or social media if you have any questions or if you would like to join my team.
Short biography of Jenni Pajunen
- Born in 1980 in Helsinki, Finland.
- Member of the Helsinki City Council from 2017- Member of the economic development sub-committee and city division group, deputy chairwoman of the culture sub-committee
- Board member at The Shortcut 2021-
- Lived 10 years abroad in France, Belgium, Chile, Barbados, Angola and the United States. Worked in international development and election observation at the World Bank and the European Union between 2002-2013
- From 2014 to 2018 worked in the field of health technology and education, as a CEO of an education export company (on maternity leave 2019-2020)
- Master of Science in Economics and Business Administration from Aalto University (2004) and Master of Arts in European Political and Administrative studies from the College of Europe, Bruges, Belgium (2006)
- Speaks Finnish, English, French, Spanish, Portuguese and basic Swedish
- Lives with her husband and daughter in the center of Helsinki
- Hobbies include gym and yoga, studying Portuguese, traveling and enjoying various cultural events